High Point, N.C. — WithIt, the women’s leadership development network for the home and furnishings industries, has opened nominations for the 2022 WOW Awards, celebrating and honoring the achievements of home furnishings professionals that embody the organization’s mission.
The 2022 WOW Awards will be held on Friday, October 21, during the Fall High Point Market in the IHFC International Ballroom from 6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. Continuing the celebration of WithIt’s 25th Anniversary in 2022, the awards program will include recognition of several special honorees.
“Our fall events at High Point Market will be the culmination of a year-long celebration of all that WithIt has accomplished over the past 25 years and the inspiring movers and shakers who have worked tirelessly to propel this industry forward. Expect a WOW Awards full of excitement – and even a few surprises!,” comments Renee Loper-Boyd, WithIt’s 2022 board president and vice president of marketing at International Market Centers.
Nominations are being accepted in six award categories, including:
• Education Award – For an executive or company which has developed programs to educate associates, retailers, or consumers about home and furnishings industries
• Future Leadership Award – For a woman under 40 who has demonstrated outstanding achievement and the potential to become an industry leader
• Leadership Award – For a woman over 40 who has demonstrated successful leadership in her company, in WithIt, and/or in the home and furnishings industry
• Mentoring Award – For an executive or organization that has fostered advocacy, development, or promotion of women in their company
• Sales Excellence Award – For a woman who is extraordinary in sales, demonstrates excellence in education and relationships with her customers, and exceptional commitment to the manufacturers she represents
• Visionary Award – For a successful woman of achievement whose insight and actions have significantly impacted the home and furnishings industries and/or WithIt
Anyone may submit nominations for these awards through July 8, 2022. The online submission form can be accessed at http://bit.ly/WOWnominate.
“Everyone’s career path is peppered with moments and mentors that have helped them along the way and/or successes worth celebrating. We want to celebrate those! So be sure to take the time to submit a few nominations. Nominees do not have to be WithIt members,” encourages Amy Van Dorp, WithIt’s executive director. “The WOW awards are the perfect opportunity to highlight the impact women have made and continue to make to foster future generations of female leaders.”
The WithIt WOW Awards Program began in 1999 and has honored over 100 finalists and numerous nominees over the past 20 years.
A number of sponsorship opportunities are available for the 2022 WOW Awards. Contact Cathy Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.